Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Tester in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time (Temporary)
Location: This is a remote position (see on-site requirements below).
**On-Site Requirements: On-boarding will require 1-2 visits to Patuxent River, MD for candidates that are local to the area. Candidates out of state will be onboarded virtually. Training will be virtual and telework maximized/permitted to the greatest extent possible, however for local candidates, training/tasking may require on-site work a few hours per week. Future on-site/telework requirements/schedules may change as additional client direction is received.
- Become part of a multi-disciplinary team that is supporting Naval Aviation Logistic IT infrastructure. Work across a portfolio of web enabled applications (ASP.net, and Java) and databases (Oracle and Teradata), as well as Informatica ETL and Cognos Reports that support Naval Aviation readiness. This position supports the DECKPLATE program as a Software Tester for a team that are architecting and implementing solutions following Agile principles.
- Be familiar with standard testing methodologies and best practices
- Strong SQL background with ability to generate complex test SQL queries.
- Experience creating repeatable SQL scripts in software such as Korn Shell scripts.
- Develop detailed test plans and procedures for test cases/scenarios based on requirements (User Stories) and technical designs.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies and able to support sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, and other sprint ceremonies.
- Document and perform detailed analysis of test results and adjust test cases accordingly.
- Communicate and document test results that are inconsistent with requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and design specifications.
- Manage and track defects and provide and present to customers defect tracking and mitigation plans and reports.
- Identify and manage risks and impediments related to testing efforts.
- Work with technical design and development teams for issue resolution and clarification of requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functionality as related to testing.
- Assist with User Acceptance Testing including working with users to define, document, and execute test cases.
- Coordinate test effort with Government test leads.
- Ability to communicate with team members, Scrum Masters, Developers, and leadership.
- Support the develop, management, and tracking of testing schedules in Microsoft Project and other tools as needed.
- Able to review existing test steps and make recommendations to streamline testing practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of current and proven experience as a Senior Software Tester with leadership responsibilities over a test team required.
- A strong background with SQL or similar database query language is required.
Active Secert clearance required. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.