Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a JAVA Software Developer in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Spalding is looking for a JAVA developer to become part of a multifaceted and dynamic team supporting the US Naval Aviation community.
- The Developer will implement user stories, participate in significant design decision discussions, assist in sprint planning and work with junior members of the staff in a mentoring role.
- The team uses modern design patterns, technologies, frameworks, and concepts to create a dynamic, enjoyable and high-performance environment.
- Collaboration and coordination with cross-functional teams is encouraged.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least six (6) years’ experience developing software solutions using 3rd generation programming languages such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Relational database experience is required with database platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL .
- Security + or OS level certification is required. Ability to obtain within 30 days. E.g. Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- Experience in web constructs such as HTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS is preferred.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle and Configuration and Knowledge Management software is highly desired.
- Experience with Agile Methodology is a plus.
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is desired. Commensurate experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.