Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Accounting Clerk II in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Conducts inventories, coordinates inventories with stakeholders, prepares paperwork, follows-up on discrepancies, and inputs inventory changes.
- Provide support for the Cost Accounting Department.
- The Internal Entitlement Team, processing hardcopy and electronic invoices.
- The Unmatched Disbursements (UMD) Team, in researching and resolving errors and billing activities.
- The Contractual Services Team in processing obligating documents and accruals.
- The Contracts Team in processing obligating documents and accruals.
- The Travel Accounting Team, in travel related accounting transactions.
- The General Ledger Accounting Department.
- The Fixed Asset Accounting Team in performing physical inventory of assets and providing inventory information.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience, to include job-related duties
- Must have experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook for Email
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following:
- Posts actions to journals, identifying subsidiary accounts affected and debit and credit entries to be made, assigning, proper postings to balance and reconcile accounts; reviews computer printouts against spreadsheets, detecting and correcting erroneous postings, and preparing documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data, or reviews lists of transactions rejected by an automated system, determining reasons for rejections, and preparing necessary correcting transactions.
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
High School diploma required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.