Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Project Analyst in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Provides support to the Project lead assisting in execution, management and operation of the project. Support efforts include but are not limited to:
- Project Support
- Assists in preparation of reports to the Project Sponsor
- Prepares Agendas for Project Reviews, attends project reviews and provides meeting minutes.
- Serves as the primary conduit for the Project Lead for all communications. Organizes m Assists the Project Lead in determining acquisition strategy for project. What are the project options / limitations on funding type, contract vehicles, CRA, carryover, cutoff dates, meetings with appropriate team members when required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of SAIW SOP's and Work Instructions related to projects.
- Demonstrates an understanding of ISO requirements for projects and works to meet requirement
- Developing burn rates that assist it he development of project forecast
- Review of Vouchers of support contractor
- Funding Appropriation and execution
- Appropriate charges
- Correct hours
- Correct personnel
- Provide monthly deliver of Project Performance Report (PPR)
- Develop annual spend plans
- Actual expenditures
- Risk and Opportunity
- TDL/TA tracking
- Receive and process funding documents
- Capturing in PTS
- Tracking Funding within PTS and ERP
- Reviews all incoming funding documents to ensure that all information is accurate and properly filled out according to guidelines.
- Reconciles PTS & ERP Runs reports in N-ERP to see budget levels, obligations, commitments and actual
- Creates and maintains project structures for funding in N-ERP project builder (CJ20N)
- Understand direct cite vs reimbursable funding and how direct cite funding must be applied.
- Understand contract funding basics and have an understanding of the differences between direct contract funding and CRA funding for contracts.
- Develop and Prepares Cost Estimate
- Work with project lead to develop cost estimate
- Process cost estimate through appropriate channels for approval
- Responds to Data Calls
- Funding execution
- Carry over/in validation/confirmation
- Maintains schedules
- Develop schedules within MS project
- Track, Monitor and update schedules
- Assist in identifying risk and opportunity
- Participate in Risk discussion
- Capture risk on PPR and Risk and Opportunity registry
- Work to develop Project Documentation
- Project management Plans
- Communication Plan
- Risk Plan
- RACI matrix
- Works with Government Project Lead to generate project charter with the sponsor.
- Maintain Documentation in SharePoint
- Maintain Project Documentation
- Upload Funding Documents
- Cost estimates
- Project Calculators
- Risk and Opportunity
- Tracks all material being purchased on the project
- Assists the Project Lead in maintaining Master Parts Lists/Master Equipment Lists if requested.
- Makes sure of property transfer and quality of product.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various ways to procure materials for a project including creation of a government material contract, purchase on a material line on a service contract, use of a government P-Card, MILSTRIP purchasing, etc.
- Understands and can communicate the time that it takes for various procurement methods.
- Understands the time that it takes for IT approval and PALT times for government material
- Understands the project and identifies project changes that affect cost, schedule, or scope as they occur.
- Reviews project changes with the Project Lead.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6 years of experience with DOD
- Strong MS Excel background
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
A Bachelors degree is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.