Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Implement and maintain database systems.
- Perform capacity planning for future hardware requirements.
- Monitor and optimize database system performance/throughput.
- Install and configure new Oracle database instances.
- Review database and application server instances for DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines compliance, apply fixes, and submit mitigations.
- Perform routine backups, including use of Oracle's datapump export and RMAN utilities.
- Refresh and restore tables and schemas
- Apply security patches and bug fixes.
- Create, modify, and delete database accounts.
- Perform daily checks on database servers, confirming status of backups, file compression, and exports; troubleshoot any errors.
- Create reports to monitor database information (including statistics on schemas, tables, indexes, and space usage) and user activity (database access, login failures, application usage, and password changes).
- 3 years' experience in Oracle database administration including installations and configurations.
- Must have experience with troubleshooting application database errors.
- Experience with RMAN highly desired.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required or a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or CyberSecurity
Must have an active TS/SSBI security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.