Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Senior IT Support Specialist in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Lexington Park, MD (see on-site requirements below).
**On-Site Requirements: this position requires full time on-site work at Lexington Park, MD.
As a Senior Information Technology Support Specialist, you will perform a critical role in managing and enhancing our IT infrastructure. Working as a senior specialist on the Corporate IT Team, you will be responsible for providing advanced technical support, overseeing Windows and Linux systems, maintaining existing hardware and software, and contributing to the success of IT projects. The Corporate IT Support Specialist will provide internal IT support for onsite and remote employees which may include:
- Lead the diagnosis and resolution of complex hardware, software, network, and system issues on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Provide desktop support, software installation/configuration, and computer setup.
- Utilize Lansweeper or similar tools to manage help desk tickets, oversee support requests, and ensure timely issue resolution.
- Maintain and enhance cybersecurity measures, with a particular focus on supporting DoD programs and requirements in Microsoft Commercial and GCC High environments.
- Support IT onboarding/offboarding of employees.
- Evaluate, research, recommend, and implement hardware, software, and cybersecurity solutions to upgrade or enhance IT capabilities and infrastructure.
- Perform planning, execution, and monitoring of Corporate IT projects and initiatives.
- Perform user account management, permissions, and access controls in accordance with rigorous cybersecurity protocols.
- Conduct routine system backups, security audits, and vulnerability assessments to safeguard data integrity and confidentiality.
- Stay current in industry trends and advancements to continuously enhance the organization's IT practices.
- Develop comprehensive documentation for IT procedures, troubleshooting guidelines, and best practices to facilitate knowledge sharing and training.
- Occasionally provide after-hours support to provide timely resolution for critical IT matters.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible IT support roles, preferably in a mid-sized or larger company.
- Strong technical knowledge of hardware, software, networking, and Windows/Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with server administration, Active Directory, and group policy management.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting technical issues and providing effective solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cybersecurity principles such as NIST 800-171, particularly in relation to supporting DoD programs and environments (Microsoft Commercial and GCC High).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Stays current with industry trends and best practices to continuously improve IT processes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and move/relocate furniture, computer hardware and other related office items.
- Occasionally work outside regular business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+, and/or Microsoft Certifications
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
A high school diploma OR GED is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state or local laws. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.