Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Analyst in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- The candidate will provide Information Assurance (IA) and Cyber Security (CS) support for DoD programs and work with clients to develop and manage a secure computing environment.
- Conduct security vulnerability assessments on network infrastructure and systems in support of DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities.
- Apply knowledge of the systems or enclave functions and their technical CS safeguards and operational CS measures.
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances and supervisory need-to-know authorizations and that users are aware of their cyber security responsibilities before being granted access to DoD information systems.
- Ensure a contingency plan is in place and is maintained, implement and enforce all relevant cyber security policies and procedures, as defined by system security certification and accreditation documentation, ensure all designated machines have appropriate patches and IAVAs necessary, and check machines randomly to ensure they meet the necessary standards.
- Develop and maintain C&A and IA-related documentation in support of DIACAP/RMF.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with Certification and Accreditation using DoD 8500 and DIACAP/RMF.
- Experience developing test reports and risk assessments based on DoDI 8500.2 IA Controls.
- Experience with performing, interpreting, and reporting vulnerability assessments.
- Experience with developing DIACAP/RMF artifacts.
- 8570 Certification - IAM Level II such as Security+ required.
Desired: CISSP desired.
Must have active Secret clearance with SSBI clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Education: Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.