|Title:||Web System Administrator, Junior - Unix|
|Location:||Patuxent River, MD|
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Web System Administrator, Junior - Unix in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of multiple UNIX-based servers.
- Install and configure web and application server software on UNIX-based servers.
- Implement security, integration, and configuration management of software residing on servers.
- Administer policies and standards related to security and technical implementation guidance.
- Coordinate with customers to perform software security testing and scans.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Troubleshoot to resolve issues on supported servers.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 year of experience in systems administration and analysis.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required or a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or CyberSecurity.
- Interest in working with UNIX-based operating systems.
- Understanding of networks and services (IP address, default routes, DNS, email).
- Knowledge of DISA STIGS and Security Policies desired.
- Previous experience in UNIX systems administration and command line operations desired.
- Server administration experience with any of the following software desired: ColdFusion Enterprise, Tomcat, and/or Apache HTTP.
Active TS/SSBI clearance desired or active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SSBI.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics. ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: Equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.