|Title:||SQL Server Database Administrator|
|Position Type:||Full - Time|
|Location:||Patuxent River, MD --- Telecommute/Remote Eligible Within MD/DC/VA|
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Perform administration of SQL Server database engine, SQL Server Service Broker, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Perform database administration for SharePoint 2013 content databases.
- Ensure system availability, data integrity; monitor/troubleshoot backup and recoveries, performance, disk space, and network connectivity.
- Design and modify database objects (tables, schemas, indexes, and triggers); create/alter stored procedures and views
- Implement and operate SQL Server Services running on physical stand alone and clustered servers, and Virtual Machine environments.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in SQL Server 2008/2012 database administration.
- Experience developing stored procedures, triggers, and database objects.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization
- Security+ certification required OR an IT related BS degree.
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret/SSBI Clearance required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.