Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Sybase Database Administrator in Lexington Park, MD (Remote Eligible for ideal candidate). Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of Sybase. Serve as a subject matter expert regarding the application of business objectives and alternatives for database administration.
- Ensure Daily Replication report is accurate and delivered on time
- Ensure Daily monitoring reports are reviewed, and any issues reported
- Follow the process developed for reporting and following up on issues
- Establish and document operational objectives and work plans, improvement plans, and delegate assignments as appropriate.
- Ensure Data security and integrity
- Follow all configuration management procedures to ensure proper code reviews, CM, and other procedures are in place and verified, prior to moving any code into the Production environment
- Maintain the Sybase SOP and other procedural documents, adding in any new instructions, and maintaining all existing instructions.
- Perform routine monitoring to proactively identify and resolve issues, following standard set of procedures.
- Ensure complete backup strategy is in place, ensuring all backups are taken, accounted for, maintained and are readily identifiable and available when needed.
- Develop, Update, maintain, and follow SOP and standard procedures for Sybase
- Take appropriate measures to Maintain all certification, credentials, training requirements
- Capable of evaluating new RDMBS technology with the objective to improve the quality of database administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 6 years progressive lead and/or support Database Administration experience.
- 3 years Sybase database administration experience required
- Functional experience supporting development and maintenance of a large RDBMS projects in the past 3 years is required.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required or must be obtained within 6 months.
- Must work well in teams and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with Unix/IBM AIX, Windows, and Linux is desired
- Experience with RMAN, Oracle 11G, partitioning and Oracle Advanced Security, Express Connect Oracle, ASE 15.2 or later is, Replication Server 15.1 or later, Heterogeneous Replication, Replication Definitions, Sybase Migrations, and Oracle DBA experience a plus.
- Previous Oracle DBA experience is a plus.
Active Top Secret clearance required. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.