Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Business Intelligence Developer in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full- Time
- The Business Intelligence Developer will design and develop Qlik and Tableau Reports/Dashboards within an Agile environment for a DOD customer.
- The developer will understand business processes and how the reporting supports the business processes, and apply this knowledge solving problems to provide solutions to the DOD customer.
- The developer will have strong database skills and understand Data Warehouse concepts to best utilize program data in BI Reporting.
- The developer will understand ETL concepts and how best to transform data for reporting.
- The developer will work closely with the DOD customer within an Agile team in identifying metrics and analyzing data for use in BI Reporting.
- Designing and developing Qlik and Tableau Reports/Dashboards.
- Developing and reviewing user stories with a team in an Agile development environment.
- Testing and validation of data in reports developed both by the developer and other team members.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of the development team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years of recent experience using SQL databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, or Hive.
- 3 years of recent experience developing reports with Business Intelligence software such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Cognos, Tableau, or ZoomData.
- 5 years of recent experience working on a team with 3 or more developers.
- Experience using QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, or ZoomData.
- Experience utilizing data from a data warehouse for reporting.
- Experience in ETL, both in importing data into a warehouse and into reports.
- Experience in an Agile development utilizing Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence (or comparable tools from other vendors).
- Experience working on government funded programs.
Must have active Top Secret clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is desired.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.