Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking an IT Project Manager in Patuxent River, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Oversee high-level tasking and scheduling across multiple technical teams in an IT hosting and development environment.
- Develop detailed project plans for monitoring and tracking progress of numerous complex IT projects.
- Adjust project plans as necessary to ensure successful task completion.
- Coordinate internal resources for timely execution of tasks across multiple teams.
- Perform risk management to identify and minimize project risks.
- Manage changes to scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure and report project performance, status, and issues.
- Provide time and resource estimates for IT hosting projects.
- Facilitate progress meetings to review project tasks across teams.
- Confirm adherence to quality standards.
- Work with contractor and Government technical teams, SMEs, and customers to accept ownership and tasking required for complex IT projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years full life-cycle software engineering experience as a project manager, lead, or senior-level IT technical resource (software engineer, system administrator).
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Must have Security+ certification.
- Experience creating, coordinating, and tracking detailed complex IT project schedules and tasking required.
- Experience with MS Project required.
- Experience working in a DOD software development and/or hosting environment desired.
- Experience with HP Fortify.
- Security+ certification desired.
Active Secret clearance required. Interim Secret clearance acceptable to start.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline is preferred.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.