Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
- Assist with Hadoop Cluster dealing with big data and analytics in a mixed Windows & Linux OS environment.
- Work in tandem with big data developers and designs use case specific scalable supportable -infrastructure.
- Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
- Manage data ingest into Hadoop environment.
- Provide data volume statistics.
- Provide very responsive support for day to day requests from, development, support, and business analyst teams.
- Performance analysis and debugging of slow running development and production processes.
- Assist with development and maintain the system documentation.
- Scanning & logging data sets and releases coming in and out of the cluster.
- Assist in creation of new VMs in support of test & evaluation of new products and test scenarios for Cluster.
- Research, development & implementation of solutions for Cluster.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience working with Information Systems and supporting tools is required.
- Experience in using various Linux commands for daily operations and ability to analyze and create Shell scripts.
- Troubleshooting experience required.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required or must be obtained within 30 days.
- Knowledge of SQL desired.
- Experience with Hadoop desired.
- Experience with backup and recovery of HDFS file system preferred.
- Experience with NiFi data flows preferred.
- Experience with backup and recovery of Oracle database preferred.
Secret and SSBI clearance is required. Top Secret Security clearance is preferred. Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
BS or BA degree is required.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.