Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Developer in Lexington Park, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Spalding is looking for full stack developers to become part of a multifaceted and dynamic team supporting the US Naval Aviation community. Maintain existing Systems, Provide Production Support to resolve critical production issues, and develop system interfaces that support large-scale databases using agile software development methodology. Become exposed to a variety of technologies including: Informatica, ETL, Oracle, and Teradata.
- Provide solutions for Production issues to improve customer satisfaction
- Program/develop interfaces with large scale IT Logistics databases and data warehouse
- Collaborate with other technical experts in an atmosphere that fosters innovation
- Develop innovative solutions using modern tools, frameworks, and methodology
- Work in an atmosphere that lets developers develop, where leadership focuses on removing impediments
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent customer service, time management, and team collaboration skills
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load software, such as Teradata Utilities and Informatica
- Experience with developing and debugging Korn Shell Scripting (KSH)
- Strong SQL background: able to generate and analyze complex queries, understands database design/architecture
- Ability to develop to approved customer requirements and document any defects identified
- Strong communication skills for collaborating with Scrum team members, Product Owners, and the Scrum Master
- At least one year supporting a Production environment, and addressing high priority production requests
- At least six (6) years’ experience with Informatica/ETL software, Oracle, Teradata and/or SQL Server is desired
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle and Configuration Management software is highly desired
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with JIRA
Active Secret clearance required. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is highly desired.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.