Spalding Consulting, Inc.is seeking a COGNOS Computer Programmer in Lexington Park, MD (Remote Eligible). Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full - Time
Essential Functions: Spalding is looking for full stack developers to become part of a multifaceted and dynamic team supporting the US Naval Aviation community. Develop applications that support large-scale databases using agile software development methodology. Become exposed to a variety of technologies including: .Net, JAVA, Oracle, and Teradata.
- Use Business Intelligence tools to develop meaningful reports for insight into aviation readiness.
- Apply expertise in data analytics using Cognos as a business intelligence tool.
- Manage data strings and produce calculations and reports to turn data into knowledge regarding fleet readiness.
- Collaborate with other technical experts in an atmosphere that fosters innovation.
- Develop innovative solutions using modern tools, frameworks, and methodology.
- Freedom to develop on your schedule with flexible work hours.
- Work in an atmosphere that lets programmers develop; where leadership focuses on removing impediments.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least six (6) years’ experience design and develop enterprise business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions is required.
- At least six (6) years’ experience with IBM COGNOS 10.0 or 10.0.5 or 10.0.7 is required.
- OS level certification required. Ability to obtain within 90 days.
- E.g. Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
- At least six (6) years’ experience with Oracle, Teradata and/or Sybase is desired.
- Experience with Qlik is desired.
- Experience in web constructs such as JAVA, HTML, XHTML, XML, and CSS is preferred.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle and Configuration Management software is highly desired.
- Experience with Agile Methodology is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA is a plus.
Active Secret and SSBI clearance is required.
Qualifications for Remote Eligibility:
- Greater than 50 miles from Patuxent River, MD but within the DC/MD/VA area
- Must be able to onboard at Patuxent River, MD for 2 weeks
- Must be willing to work onsite at Patuxent River, MD 1 day per week
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is highly desired.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.