Spalding Consulting, Inc.
is seeking a Software Test Engineer - Junior
in San Diego, CA
. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Working under the supervision of a government lead, develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements. Responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads. Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues. Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations. Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Position to grow into authoring automated tests via Selenium.
- 1+ years' experience required.
- 2 years of professional experience in software development preferred
- Familiarity/Experience with automated testing including the use of test automation tools such as Selenium.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
Active Secret clearance desired or must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
Bachelor's degree required in related field.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Additional Information: Remote