|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in San Diego, CA. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-time
Job Description: The developer will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly to meet dynamic, fast paced development cycles. The developer will be strong in web server architecture including Apache Tomcat on a Red Hat Linux OS. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop technology solutions that are capable of integrating with other components.
- Create documentation detailing steps related to configuring servers and deploying applications.
- Supporting a range of “legacy” and modern browsers.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of development team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IAT level 2 required for admin access to government servers.
- 3-5+ years of recent experience deploying web based applications on Apache Tomcat and Java8 (or beyond).
- 3-5+ years of recent experience developing configuration scripts/processes including Ansible.
- 2+ years of recent experience applying Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) mitigations related to locking down systems on government networks.
- 2+ years of recent experience working on a team with 4 or more developers.
- Recent experience with Scrum process
- Recent use of JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Maven, Git, SVN technologies to manage software lifecycle (source code, work item management, automated builds, continuous integration).
- Recent experience working on government funded programs.
Security Clearance: Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance. Applicant selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related major.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Additional Information: Remote