|Title:||Hadoop System Administrator|
|Location:||San Diego, CA|
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Hadoop System Administrator in San Diego, CA. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services firm specializing in Information Technology (IT), Program Management, and Financial Management for the Department of Defense, federal agencies, and commercial clients. We offer excellent salaries, benefits, and outstanding growth potential.
Position Type: Full-time
- Provide on-site Linux System Administration support for the Hortonworks Hadoop Cluster and related software stack for the Automated Logistics Environment (ALE) IPT in support of NAVAIR.
- Support includes system monitoring and administration support for the Hortonworks Hadoop Ecosystem.
- Share knowledge/experience with other team members, learn the overall lab hardware/software architecture, and work with others to solve problems.
- Perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for the Hadoop operating system, workstations and servers.
- Coordinate, direct and perform complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Continually monitor and tune multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- IAT Level II certified.
- Experience managing Hadoop Clusters, including providing monitoring and administration support.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Linux System Administration.
- Prior DoD experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills to carry out and understand assignments, or convey and/or exchange routine information with other contractor and government agencies.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in high intensity environment and accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Experience in related military/DOD programs with organizations in support of military aviation operations to include joint service operations.
- Experience with building and managing Continuous Integration (CI) environment and servers.
Security Clearance: Must have a current Secret Clearance OR Must be eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance prior to starting.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
Additional Information: Remote