Spalding Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist in St. Inigoes, MD. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is a professional services company delivering cutting-edge solutions to the Department of Defense since 2001. Our expert-level solutions include software development, information technology, program management, financial management and business intelligence services. Spalding Consulting offers competitive compensation, career development, flexible work schedules and excellent benefits.
Position Type: Full-Time
- Provide network support involving evaluation, integration, fielding, maintenance, testing, and operation of LAN, systems and subsystems
- Provide first level contact and provide resolutions to internal customer with a variety of issues, including computer boot-up, printer issues, network connectivity, equipment setup/troubleshooting
- Walk customers through problem solving process in-person or remotely via telephone/email
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations in maintaining an environment free of technology produced work stoppages
- Follow up with customers, ensuring resolutions and tasking have/continue to meet expectations
- Communicate foreseen issues to Leadership to avoid/minimize impact
- Contribute to Internal IT Team Knowledge Base of Procedures, Troubleshooting and Resolution Steps
- Other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Working level of experience with Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 10, 8.x, 7.
- Working level of experience with various business productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Office365, Internet Browsers, etc.
- Understanding of IT security concepts including malware remediation using antivirus and endpoint security tools.
- Experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, server roles and services.
- 1yr+ Network LAN/WAN Experience: TCIP/IP/Subnet, VLAN, Site-to-Site VPN, Remote Management tools
- 1yr+ Network management/maintenance experience with switches, routers, firewalls, running Ethernet cables
- The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to handle a dynamic work environment and have the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Handle multiple tasks and projects with various and changing levels of priority
- Dependable, self-motivated, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills for efficient troubleshooting
- Ability to integrate and learn new skills/technologies as office environment evolves
Must be eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance. Requirements to obtain a clearance include US Citizenship, security investigation, etc.
High School diploma or GED.
Spalding Consulting, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. Spalding Consulting, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minorities, women, disabled, and veterans to apply for job openings within our company.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Spalding Consulting, Inc. and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting department via email at
or call us at 301-737-0150 Ext. 500.